- 1 package Oreo sandwich cookies, crushed (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon peppermint stick ice cream, softened
- 2 cups of frozen whipped topping, thawed
Mix crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 pan. Stir together slightly softened ice cream and 2 cups of whipped topping. Spoon mixture evenly onto cookie crust. Freeze about 3 hours until firm.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
Melt butter and chocolate over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Then stir in vanilla. Cool completely, about 2 hours. pour cooled chocolate sauce over ice cream. Freeze at least 8 hours, but no longer than 2 weeks.
When ready to serve, drizzle each piece with chocolate sauce, drop a dollop of whip cream in the center of piece and sprinkle with crushed peppermint pieces. Yummy, YUMMY!