Friday, December 19, 2008
fire & ice biscotti...
~ 1/3 cup butter (softened)
~ 1 cup sugar
~ 1 tsp. baking powder
~ 1 tsp. cinnamon
~ 1/2 tsp. salt
~ 2 eggs
~ 1 tsp. vanilla
~ 2 1/4 cups flour
~ 1 3/4 cups slivered almond(toasted and ground)
~ 6 oz. White chocolate chips
~ 1 Tbs. Shortening
~ 1/3 cup red hots(crushed)
~ 1/3 cup course decorating sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl beat butter on high for 30 seconds. Beat in baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl combine flour and almonds. Mix well. Beat (or stir) flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix well.
4. On a lightly floured surface roll out dough into a rectangle and cut dough into long, thin strips. Transfer to cookie sheets, and bake for 8min, or until lightly brownish.
5. In a sauce pan melt chocolate, and shortening on low heat. In a shallow bowl combine red hots and decorating sugar.
6. Once cookies have cooled, dip cookie into chocolate then in candy mixture. Place on wax paper to set. Then enjoy!!!!!