Monday, September 29, 2008

Raspberry Jam-SUPER EASY!!!

{kesley's easy raspberry jam}

Yes- you are reading this right- I am posting a recipe on homemade raspberry jam! I found this recipe on the Internet and I am so happy that I did. When I say that this recipe is easy- I truly mean it! It turns out super yummy- and really once you do it- you will want to make it for everyone you know, because you will feel so special that you actually made jam- you will want to share it with everybody!! From start to finish about 25 minutes!  Trust me- if I can do it- so can you....

Raspberry Jam

4 cups mashed raspberries
4 cups sugar
Because Raspberries have natural pectin you don't have to use any!

1. Use a very large pot. When the jam reaches a full rolling boil it will double in volume.
2. Heat mashed berries until they reach a full rolling boil.
3. Boil 5 minutes.
4. Add sugar.
5. Stir well.
6. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, boil for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Beat with rotary beater for 4 minutes
9. Pour in sterilized jars and seal.
let set at room temperature and there you have it! RASPBERRY JAM!


colosnowangel said...

Do you know if they can be fresh or frozen rasberries?

Kesley Galland said...

I used fresh raspberries but I did read that people were using frozen as well- give a try.

Shelly said...

This recipe sounds great! I'm going to try it!!