Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tonight was the Night...

Recipe club was tonight. Summer's Babe was sick so I filled in as the hostess with the mostess...minus the mostess part. But everything was super yummy-as always! Here is 1 of the 2 things I made-I will post the roll recipe later & if we are lucky, everyone else will post there's as well! So for all those who missed {or are just blog buddies of ours} cook-up & enjoy!


Shrimp & Penne

1 lb. large shrimp {peeled & deveined}
1 lb. Penne pasta, cooked
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken stock
1-8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
3 TBSP chopped fresh basil
Salt & Pepper to taste

Cook shrimp in 2 TBSP butter, over medium heat until pink. Don’t over cook. Remove shrimp to a plate & add 1 TBSP olive oil to pan. Add garlic & onion to pan & cook until translucent. Add chicken stock. Reduce over medium heat to about half {5-7 minutes}.
Add tomato sauce & cream. Stir until combined.
Remove tails from shrimp & cut shrimp in half {you can skip this step if you want}. Add shrimp, cooked & drained pasta-I only use about 3/4 of the pasta... I think it’s too dry with all of it.-& herbs to sauce. Stir well, heat thoroughly
& Enjoy!

1 comment:

Katie said...

HELLO why did I not know about recipie club toinght? I know it seems as though I dropped off the face of the planet, but I have returned to normal life now and would like to be a part of my friends again. Will someone pleeeese call me and let me know when we will be serving delicious, yummy food next?