Saturday, June 21, 2008

better late than never...

So when I posted the recipe for the pork chops I said that I would post the yummiest pasta salad recipe.  Yeah-- I know it's been a while.  But I promise this is totally worth the wait!  Ellery brought this last summer to recipe club & forgot to bring the recipe(this was before we had a blog).  She said she would just bring it next time.  Well, let's just say that I couldn't wait until next time.  I called her later that week & asked her to e-mail it to me.  It was love at first bite!!!  I made it for a neighborhood BBQ tonight & I didn't even get any... guess I'll have to make it again tomorrow.  TOO BAD!!

{summer pasta salad * citrus herb dressing}

salad:
1 package American Beauty Italian Trio pasta-- cooked, drained & cooled

Mix with~

Carrots--matchstick
Red bell pepper--chopped
cauliflower
cherry tomatoes
broccoli
black olives
fresh basil--chopped
cucumbers--peeled & diced
baby spinach
feta cheese

Dressing: mix in quart jar

1 cup cider vinegar
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup orange juice (the good stuff)
1 1/2 TBSP onion salt
1 TBSP garlic salt
1 TBSP thyme
1/2 TBSP rosemary
1/2 TBSP basil
1/2 tsp. dill seed

shake until sugar is dissolved.  add enough olive oil to fill quart jar.

Mix all salad ingredients except last 4.  add last 4 right before serving, toss with dressing.
(i usually only add half the dressing, toss & then add more as needed.)

 

No comments: