Saturday, November 15, 2008

count down to Thanksgiving #6- robyn's classic pumpkin roll...

this is such a yummy & fun dessert to make.  it is a little confusing if you haven't done it before, so i am going to include some extra pictures with the instructions.  if you have any questions or if the instructions aren't clear just leave me a comment & i will try to help out!
 
{Robyn's Classic Pumpkin Rolls}

3 eggs, well beaten
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin
1 TBSP lemon juice
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt

In a large bowl mix together eggs, sugar, pumpkin & lemon juice.  Beat well.  Sift together all remaining dry ingredients & add to pumpkin mixture.  Mix well.  Pour into a well greased & floured 11 x 17 baking sheet.  Bake at 370 degrees for 12 minutes.

Remove from oven & liberally sprinkle with powder sugar.  Flip out onto a clean towel & roll up like a jelly roll.  Cool completely rolled up.  Unroll & spread with cream cheese frosting* then roll back up.  This time without the towel.  Wrap in parchment or saran wrap & chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.  Slice & serve.

** {cream cheese frosting}

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup powder sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt

Beat together until light & fluffy.


Picture instructions...

{turn out cake onto a towel-- if you want you can dust it with powder sugar too}

{roll up in the towel... & NO, those are NOT my hands!}

{unroll & spread with frosting}

{re-roll with out the towel}


{slice & serve}

1 comment:

Desiree said...

I am not sure who is going to get this comment, BUT... I was wondering if someone could help me out. I made the Halloween Sweet Chili Recipe from this blog... loves the flavor... however, I am trying to figure out what I did wrong. I followed the recipe EXACTLY to a "T" and it ended up being so "meaty" and hardly any juice at all. Is this the way it is supposed to be? I really did like the taste... just thought something was a little off with how I made it. Can someone check the recipe and see if it has the proper amounts of ingredients? Thanks so much. My email is fishes247 at aol dot come. My blog is nesslinepartyof4.blogspot.com