Friday, October 23, 2009

brit's pumpkin spice bundt cake...

recipe club was super yummy this month! everything that was brought i would make again!!!! this is the dessert that i made. i have made it before & it doesn't hurt that it is really pretty easy:) i think i over cooked it just a tad this time, but it was still really yummy.

pumpkin bundt
{pumpkin spice bundt cake}

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
  • 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
In a large bowl mix together all ingredients. with a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat on low for 30 seconds. increase speed to high & beat for 4 minutes. pour into a greased & floured (or use this recipe for non stick greatness) & bake at 350 degrees for 40-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out this just a few crumbs. let sit 5 minutes & then turn out onto a cooling rack. glaze with cream cheese glaze & sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

{cream cheese glaze}

4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2-4 tablespoons milk (skim or regular)


beat together all ingredients until smooth. spoon or carefully pour over cooled bundt cake.

5 comments:

Skoot D said...

Well Brit, I've got a suggestion...you could always redeem yourself by making me one of those wonderful cakes for next Friday night!! I've been aksed to make dessert for 12 people for a "reunion" that I'm going to!! ;-) ;-)

Aimee said...

Long-time lurker... and this cake looks delish!

I'm going to make it tomorrow for my in-laws - at what temperature do you bake it?

aimeesprik@gmail.com

April said...

This looks yummy! One piece of advice...make sure that you wait 15-20 minutes before taking your cake out of the pan and turning it over. I just made it and turned it over after 5 minutes and my cake broke in half. I think it wasn't cool enough. Hopefully it will turn out next time I try to make it!

Aimee said...

OK... new FAVORITE Fall recipe! Just like pumpkin bars, but in cake form. My family LOVED it!

Mindy said...

Looks divine! I need a party to go to so I can make this!